Full Time Job Opportunities
Job Title: Executive Director
Office Location: Cleveland, OH
Employment: Full-time permanent
Start Date: February 2017
Reports to: Chair of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party
The Executive Director will be responsible for initiatives to elect Democrats to local and county political offices and issues and to provide support and assistance with state and federal coordinated campaigns. The ED will respond to needs to ensure the success of fundraising activities, increases voter participation and education, liaison with the Board of Elections, ensure inclusivity and diversity at all levels, manage the mail program, and help develop Democratic candidates through training and other assistance for successful campaigns.
The ED is also responsible for day-to-day operations, including employee hiring and management, working with vendors, training Central Committee and Executive Committee and other committees, and reinforcing Party Bylaws.
Other Duties include:
- Political Outreach: Work with state and federal Democratic organizations to help strengthen the Party. Develop and maintain relationships with the Ohio Democratic Party (ODP), Democratic National Committee (DNC), Democratic Party leaders, other Democratic organizations, elected officials, key constituencies, and donors. Attend meetings with partner organizations. Effectively work with state and federal Democratic groups; and preparation for all aspects of elections including state of the art campaign techniques, campaign planning, targeting, polling, election law, GOTV programs, and Party building. Ensure a Party presence at community events. Ensure that the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are presented with a strong, positive image.
- Strategic planning: Develop short and long term strategic plan that includes fundraising, field, candidate recruitment, constituent outreach, goals of the Chair and Officers.
- Financial: Work closely with the County Chair, Finance Director/Treasurer, campaign partners and party Finance Director/Treasurer to develop and adhere to an operating plan. Ensure campaign finance reports, tax returns, and other required reports are filed accurately and on time. Work with Treasurer Finance Director/Treasurer to ensure that all invoices are paid in a timely manner. Work with Finance Director/Treasurer to oversee fundraising efforts, including large and small-donor events, and online fundraising.
- Fundraising: Daily call-time & ongoing one-on-ones with high dollar donors; write fundraising mail solicitations.
- Candidate recruitment: Identify countywide candidates in coordination and oversee local candidate recruitment efforts with Deputy Director.
- Communications: Write press releases for the media, talking points for the Chair, elected officials, candidates, and activists, and interview with reporters. Serve as primary point of contact for all press inquires
- Compliance: Oversee compliance reports in coordination with Finance Director.
- Volunteer/Intern Recruitment Program: Organize events to keep current volunteers engaged and establish relationships with potential new volunteers. Maintain a volunteer data base. Coordinate voter registration drives and organize canvasses and phone-banks.
- Executive/Senior level management in political campaigns but could also include non-profit, private industry, or the public sector
- Project Management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a credible reputation and high profile presence in the community
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication as well as media experience including traditional and social media
- Ability to use office technology, website maintenance and specialized applications, such as Votebuilder and NGP services for voter, volunteer, ability to use multiple email contact systems and tools, such as webinars, online emails systems and online survey applications; understanding of social media tools; ability to strategize where and when to apply technology effectively
- Undergraduate degree or higher is preferred
- Experience organizing diverse communities is a plus
- Understanding and experience working in local market
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS:
To apply, email a cover letter expressing interest in the position (reference: Executive Director) with salary expectation, resume, writing sample and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 31, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. EST. Late applications will not be accepted. (No phones calls please)
All initial correspondence will be by email only. Each applicant will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
A search committee appointed by the County Chair will assist in reviewing applications, choosing the candidates for a personal interview and conducting the initial interview. The committee will make a recommendation of one or more candidates.
The County Chair will interview finalists and make an offer to a qualified candidate
The Cuyahoga County Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to genetic characteristics, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military/veteran status, age, national origin or disability.
All offers of employment made are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation .
To join our mailing list, click 'Register' and complete the form.
Cuyahoga County Democratic Party
3615 Superior Ave, Ste 4401A
Cleveland, OH 44114