Among the responsibilities of the Executive Committee are evaluating and endorsing Democratic candidates for office. However, an Executive Committee member’s greatest impact on elections is through his or her political leadership on the ground.
As an Executive Committee member, you will be expected to:
- attend all local and county-wide endorsement meetings
- attend all meetings required to fill Central Committee openings
- participate in local Democratic club meetings and events
- support only Democratic candidates endorsed by the CCDP and on all levels
- vote in every primary and general election
- adhere to the Constitution and Bylaws of the Party (www.cuydem.com)
- notify the Party Headquarters of any address or telephone changes, or resignation
- pay annual dues
With the power to endorse comes the responsibility to honor other Democratic Party endorsements. The Party Bylaws stipulate that Executive Committee members must honor the Party Unity clause as outlined in the CCDP Bylaws Section 5 a-c (http://cuydem.com/constitution.php). Violation of this rule may include removal from the Committee.
Send questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Central Committee is the formal governing body of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party and is composed of members who are elected every four years at the precinct level by registered Democrats. These members represent the people of their precinct to the Central Committee and serve as a link between the party, elected officials, and the precinct’s residents. To effectively meet these roles, central committee members should engage in a variety of political and community activities to promote the Democratic Party and its candidates.
Central Committee Members’ Responsibilities
As a Central Committee member, you have the following responsibilities:
- Attend the Leader Candidate Endorsement Screening Meetings.
- Organize your Executive Committee Members to ensure high participation rates in the endorsement process for your City / Ward.
- Encourage consistent periodic meetings for your Local Democratic Club.
- Be an informational resource and campaign liaison concerning your Ward / City for Endorsed Democratic candidates.
- Coordinate your even-year local party campaign activities with the staff from the County Party and State Party. Organize your City / Ward Democratic Party campaign effort.
- In conjunction with the Board of Elections, recruit Election Day Poll Workers where needed.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the County Party.
- Review the financial records of the Party.
- Notify the Executive Director of the party of any changes in address or phone number as well as any development that forces a member to resign.
Activities for Central Committee Members
To successfully maximize the Democratic vote in your precinct, you should engage in the following activities, as well as any other ones that you consider helpful for the promotion of the Democratic Party:
- Learn as much as possible about the party’s endorsed candidates to promote them to voters.
- Attend relevant training sessions held by the Party.
- Support the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party through your volunteer work, direct contributions to the Party or its endorsed candidates, or organize fundraisers for the Party or its endorsed candidates.
- Attend the meetings of civic organizations to discuss the key issues in the precinct and to promote the Democratic Party. Inform the appropriate elected officials of these issues.
- Recruit, organize, train, and manage team members and volunteers.
- Liaison between Democratic Party and community residents.
- Liaison between Endorsed Democratic Candidates and the community residents
- Distribute campaign material at meetings, events, and during canvasses.
- Work with team on phone banking, canvassing, and other events.
The Cuyahoga County Democratic Party will offer as much help as possible to perform these activities. We have detailed voter databases and information to make your work as easy as possible. Do not hesitate to call or email the Party headquarters at